From Mashable.com comes five good tips for executives to keep in mind, but they are useful for anyone establishing their personal brand online. My summary is:
1. Go where the people are: just like the big TV networks, you should also be seen on the big social networks
2. Invest in people: take the time to communicate with people, not just announce products
3. Be a subject matter expert: share what you know and what you find interesting about your subject
4. Make it personal: let people know who you are and what you care about
5. Don’t neglect internal social media: employees can benefit from social media technologies (building communities, discovering new content, etc.) and SharePoint is the tool that Microsoft uses heavily to let this successfully happen within our firewall.
Filed under: Uncategorized |