I work with advertisers who usually don’t have their own locations/stores but I also look at the latest and greatest digital efforts that these advertisers are leveraging. Recently I’ve been looking at Location-Based Services (LBS) and how these brand advertisers are using LBS. Here are 9 examples I’ve found.
- Coca-Cola on Foursquare: http://mashable.com/2010/09/16/coke-machine-fairy-foursquare/
- Red Bull on Facebook Places: http://www.allfacebook.com/red-bull-places-baseball-2010-10
- Warner Bros. on Foursquare: http://mashable.com/2010/02/09/foursquare-media-deals/
- HBO on Foursquare: http://mashable.com/2010/02/09/foursquare-media-deals/
- Tasti D-Lite on Foursquare: http://mashable.com/2010/01/13/tasti-d-lite-tastirewards/
- Eye-Fi on Gowalla: http://www.mobilemarketingwatch.com/gowalla-tries-its-hand-at-rewards-allows-offers-for-anyone-who-checks-in-7459/
- AT&T on SCVNGR: http://mashable.com/2010/08/24/att-scvngr-rewards/
- Virgin America on Loopt: http://www.businessinsider.com/biggest-check-in-reward-ever-loopt-and-virgin-are-giving-away-2-for-1-plane-tickets-to-mexico-2010-8
- Nike’s Own Location-Based Game: http://thenextweb.com/uk/2010/10/12/nike-grid-twists-foursquare-gaming-into-a-turfwar-for-runners/
I have also put these into a presentation with more details at Slideshare.net. See: Examples of Brand Advertisers using LBS
If you have other examples, please leave a comment.
Filed under: Uncategorized |