I have been reviewing what Foursquare and Facebook Places can do for brands without a physical location. This is in line with the short list I created of brands using location-based services. In the spirit of sharing and helping each other learn, here are a few of the better resources I’ve found:
Overall: Use Foursquare to engage your increasingly mobile customers with foursquare "Specials".
- How to create an effective Foursquare special
- How to Use Foursquare to Grow Your Business eBook
- Also see: http://foursquare.com/businesses/
Overall: Facebook Deals generate awareness, encourage in-store traffic and build customer loyalty.
- Steps to create a Facebook Deal (PDF)
- The Complete Business Guide To Facebook Deals
- How to drive traffic with Facebook Deals
- Also see: http://www.facebook.com/places/
You might be wondering why a guy from Microsoft is working on this… the answer is simply because I know some of our brand advertisers are looking into these services so I want to understand and help. After all, if they’re thinking about using a location-based service, then they’re ready to be thinking about mobile advertising and geo-targeted advertising on both the PC and mobile. Microsoft has the engaged audience and experiences to help drive those mobile and local efforts.