While there’s an endless supply of technologies that can be used to engage and entertain your target audience with your online marketing, there are a few that are more important than others. Here are a few that I suggest today’s modern marketers should understand :
- Social media plug-ins, such as leveraging Facebook’s social graph or Windows Live Messenger controls.
- Cloud technologies so your site can scale if/when it gets popular and so you don’t have to manage the server infrastructure on your own. See Windows Azure.
- Web technologies so you can build engaging sites and services. See HTML5, CSS3 and Silverlight
- Mapping technologies to either make it easy for people to find you or to give a goe/physical overview to whatever you’re doing. See as the Bing Maps APIs (cool interactive SDK)
- Mobile application technologies, such as those for the Windows Phone and iPhone.
What technologies do you suggest today’s marketers need to understand?
Disclaimer: You might notice that many of these are Microsoft technologies. That’s because I work at Microsoft, but mostly because I absolutely believe in these solutions and services so I have no hesitation in recommending them.
Filed under: Uncategorized |