As I mentioned in a previous post, I was one of the people hosting the #Seattle #4sqday event. Based on the number of attendees, the new contacts and friends I made, plus the feedback people gave me, I’d say it was a success! Our host, Gordon Biersch, even made a special cocktail for the day called The Foursquare. I don’t recall what was in it, but it was good and quite a few people were enjoying them. The highlights include:
- 80 people attended, plus the 5 hosts (I’m 2nd from the right in the photo)
- Donations came from from Gordon Biersch (our host), Tidbit Bistro, Pacific Place, Starbucks, Blue Star Cafe, Po Dog, Bing, Windows Live Hotmail and the Sounders – plus Foursquare’s own free stuff they gave us. I think all of these businesses gave us many more than one item to give away.
- We were #10 worldwide, and #3 in the US: See http://www.meetup.com/foursquare/details/87421/
- The mayor’s office gave us an official greeting: See: http://socialdino.com/foursquare/seattle-mayor-mcginn-offers-greetings-for-foursquare-day
- Pictures can be found on Flickr at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/woodi68/sets/72157626513362684/
I don’t think I ever discussed social advertising, which is the focus of my day job, but then again, this was held on a Saturday and I did it just for the fun of it. We handed out a few of my Foursquare Ambassador so hopefully a few new local businesses will get into the game too.