|I drive B2B sales by managing sales and marketing strategies, process improvements, competitive insights, content creation, and sales training.
This is often called sales enablement, sales program management, or marketing program management.
- Sales Enablement: Created and managed Xactly’s entire sales enablment program, including establishing the sales process, selecting the enablement tools, creating the guidance per activity and skill, and training the sales organization (on-boarding and on-going)
- Demo & Executive Sales: Created the largest demonstration of Microsoft’s server and desktop software, and then presented it with my team to CxO-level Fortune 1000 customers and trained sales engineers in Asia and Europe to use it for consultative selling
- Technical Sales Manager: Managed a motivated and highly productive team of sales engineers to build solution demonstrations for Microsoft and its partner’s technical sales field, with training sessions for 1000+ sales engineers at an annual sales event
- Competitive & Sales Training: Wrote Microsoft Advertising’s competitive social media sales pitch, and then presented it to CxO-level Fortune 100 customers in the US and Europe and trained account executives to present it and handle competitive sales objections
- Project & Product Manager: Built a consumer-facing, ad-funded, instant messaging+video solution, called Messenger TV, and deployed it to 20 countries in 12 languages, managing a globally distributed team of designers, developers and testers
See https://www.linkedin.com/in/bgroth for the details of my career.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Western Washington University; BA Management Information Systems and Business Administration
- HubSpot.com: Inbound Marketing Certification
- Salesforce.com: Salesforce Certified Administrator
- Codeacademy.com: Web development
- SocialMediaExaminer.com: Facebook Summit; Digital Marketing Certification
- University of BC; Executive Program; Meeting the Leadership Challenge
- The Performance Management Group; Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Microsoft; Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
Patent #455041200 – Automatic Detection and Notification of Proximity of Persons of Interest