I recently shared a brief presentation about what I think goes into a good competitive intelligence program, but that is of course not the entire story. There are a few good articles that I suggest you read, which are:
- How to conduct competitive research
- How to gather competitive research
- 5 Competitive Market Research Tips to Help You Stay Ahead of the Competition
Plus a few companies who can provide some great competitive insights. While I am not endorsing these, I do know that they provide reports and/or data that can be useful for your competitive intelligence efforts.
- FirstRain research and reports
- Current Analysis
- Kantar Media Intelligence products
- Inteligentsia competitive intelligence
These don’t even touch on the various win/loss research methodologies and companies. I will try to touch on those in a future blog entry.